Thursday 8 December 2011

Another reason to love 17


Hi lovelies! I hope you are all doing well :) I went to have a look in Boots on my lunch break yesterday, actually without the intention of buying anything. However, I noticed that 17 give you a free bag filled with three nail polishes and a nail file when you buy any two of their products. I also checked out the advantage card extra offer kiosk - and guess what voucher I found? A free 17 Hide&Chic Concealer when you buy any 17 product... Win! I absolutely love 17 for always having some offers on  - I love their products anyway but getting a few freebies makes shopping so much more fun!
The two products I bought were the solo eyeshadow in 'Rose Quartz' (£3.89) and Fast Finish nail polish in 'Pink Lemonade' (£2.99). Rose Quartz is a beautiful shimmery grey/pink shade (I am rubbish at describing colours!) and I cannot wait to use it for the first time. I haven't swatched it yet but 17 eyeshadows are usually very silky and pigmented, so hopefully I won't be disappointed with this one. I wanted to buy Pink Lemonade for ages and I finally got my hands on it yesterday - however I have to say that I am a little disappointed. It is very sheer and after three thick coats my nailline was still shining through. I couldn't be bothered doing a fourth coat and waiting hours for it to dry thorougly, which is why I decided to add some glitter which hides the nailline a little. It's such a beautiful shade but I can't really see myself using it a lot because it takes too many coats to be opaque...
Anyway, these are the free products I received: Hide&Chic Eye Brightening Concealer in 'Light Rose' (worth £4.99) and the Electric Disco Purse filled with Fast Finish Polish 'Nightscape' (£2.99), High Gloss Polish 'Risky Red' (£2.99), Nail Xtras Glitter Top Coat (£2.99?) and a nail file. The glitter topcoat is brilliant and as you know, I am a sucker for everything sparkly and glittery! I'm excited to try out the concealer as I just ran out of my under-eye-concealer (Artdeco Perfect Teint Concealer). Black and red polishes are always a safe option and you can't ever have enough nail polish anyway, right girls? :) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment