Tuesday 15 November 2011

Sleek Bad Girl i-divine eyeshadow palette


Hi dolls! How are you all doing? Yesterday I promised you a review and some swatches of my new Sleek Bad Girl eyeshadow palette - here it is! :) I bought this palette at Superdrug for a mere £6.49, that's about 50p per eyeshadow... a total bargain if you ask me! I love the plain black packaging with the big logo written across it - very sleek and therefore very fitting! Also, there is a huge mirror in the lid which is always a plus. But now onto the eyeshadow themselves...


The Bad Girl i-divine palette features a great mix of dark shades: grey, blue, green, purple and black, but also two highlighters which I really like as you wouldn't even need to use any other eyeshadows to do your eye make up. All shadows are super soft and silky, and apart from two (Underground and Twilight) they are extremely pigmented.. And I really mean that! I have swatched them without an eyeshadow base and wow, they looked brilliant! When I wore them for the first time yesterday, I went without a base again and the colours stayed put all day, didn't fade or crease at all - simply amazing!


Five of the twelve eyeshadow are matte: the blackest black I have ever seen (Noir), the two blues (Obnoxious and Abyss) and the two purples (Twilight and Rebel). Matte shadows tend to be a little patchy but there was only a single one in this palette that caused me a little bit of trouble: Twilight. I used it for my purple smokey eyes yesterday, and it really is a lovely shade but even after lots of blending it still looked a bit patchy. But that is the only negative thing I can say about the Bad Girl palette! The other seven shadows are shimmery, so all in all I think you get quite a good mix and there are hundreds of different looks you can create with this palette!
The pictures below show you swatches of the top row (on the left) and the bottom row (on the right) without flash:


For me, this really is the perfect eyeshadow palette - I love wearing darker shades and smokey eyes, as I still haven't found any brown or nude shades that look nice on me. I think this palette offers a great mix of colours and finishes, all highly pigmented and silky and a pretty and sleek packaging - all that for only £6.49... A huge thumbs up from me! :) Mona xx

top row and bottom row with flash

No comments:

Post a Comment