Thursday 24 November 2011

17 Mirror Shine Lipsticks Peace&Hollywood


I have always been a huge fan of 17. In my opinion, they offer a great range of very affordable products which never fail to impress me. What I also love about 17 is that there always seems to be some kind of offer on - most of the times it's 3 for 2 across everything or a free gift bag when you buy two or more of their products! Today I am showing you tell you a little about 17's Mirror Shine lipstick range...


Last year I bought three of the Mirror Shine lipsticks as they were part of the 3 for 2 offer, and I simply couldn't make up my mind about what shade to buy - I ended up buying three of them: Hollywood, Peace and Belle. Unfortunately, I lost Belle on a night out (but I will most likely repurchase it) which is why I can only show you swatches of the other two shades. On the left you can see Peace. This colour slightly confused me as the lipstick is bright orange - swatched on my arm and applied to my lips, it's actually a very lovely pink colour though. On the right hand side you can see Hollywood, a classic red which I can recommend for girls who aren't too sure about wearing bright red on their lips yet - this is quite a sheer and glossy lipstick and perfect for warming up to red lips!


The Mirror Shine lipsticks are very sheer and glossy but they can be built up a little. I love the light and glossy formula, they glide on so easily and feel great on my lips! But as a result, you obviously won't get the staying power of a matte lippie - I usually have to reapply after about two hours, which for me is totally fine though. Having worn and loved them for about a year now, I can say that I well and truly love them. For £4.59 they are a brilliant bargain and I would even go as far as comparing them to the Dior Addict lipsticks. I only own one shade (Diorkiss) but it really does look and feel so similar to 17's Mirror Shine lippies... Thumbs up from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment