Tuesday 1 November 2011

Current skin & hair care favourites


Hello lovelies,
even though I already have dozens of bottles of shampoo, shower gel or body lotion piling up in my bathroom, I simply can't go to Boots or Superdrug without picking up something new. I really enjoy using different products every day to, for example, make showering a little more fun :) However, there are a few products I have reached for all the time in the past few weeks, so I thought it would be a good idea to share them with you!


Soap&Glory The Scrub Of Your Life 200ml, £6.50
I can be quite lazy when it comes to exfoliating but this little gem makes it so much fun! For me, it's the perfect scrub: it leaves my skin super soft and smooth without being too abrasive, it smells lovely like all the other Soap&Glory products and it also foams up nicely. I am using a little 50ml miniature at the moment but I will definitely buy the full size after finishing my bottle.. which won't be anytime soon as you only need a tiny amount for your whole body which makes it very good value for money!

St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub 150ml, £4
After using this twice or three times a week, my skin looks and feels so much fresher and smoother! I really enjoy using this scrub as does exactly what it says on the tube! It's a really gentle scrub that cleanses my face, leaving it radiant and smooth. Even the blackheads on my nose seemed to have cleared up a little which is brilliant.

Calvin Klein CKin2U Eau de Toilette 100ml, £35
This is a fragrance I have loved for a long time but for some reason never got round buying it. I had a look in Boots on my lunch break last week and seen this on offer for £24 pound - for the 100ml bottle! How can you say no to that? It's such a lovely, sweet fragrance but unfortunately it doesn't stay on my skin very long.

Soap&Glory Mist You Madly Bodyspray 250ml, £6.13
I absolutely adore the Soap&Glory scents, so it's no suprise this product is one of my current favourites. A little spritz leaves my skin and clothes smelling lovely all day! It's such a long-lasting scent you could actually call it a perfume - which makes it an absolute bargain at £6 for 250ml!


TresSemmé 24 Hour Body Amplifying Mousse 250ml, £5.49
I have never been a huge fan of hair mousse because most of the ones I have tried in the last couple of years left my hair "crisp" and sticky, without actually giving my hair any volume. I picked up the Tresemmé 24 Hour Body Mousse a couple of weeks ago, deciding to give hair mousse a second chance, and luckily, I haven't been disappointed! First of all, this mousse smells lovely, but more importantly, it lifts my roots and gives my hair nice volume without feeling sticky at all! Definitely a winner for me!

Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo 250ml, £6.12 

After using John Frieda's Sheer Blonde shampoo (one of my all-time favourites!) for a couple of years, I wanted to try something new. I spontaneously picked up Lee Stafford's Bleach Blondes shampoo without realising that it's actually a toning shampoo and you're only supposed to use it a few times a week - not what I was looking for, but I am so glad I "accidentially" bought it! I have really light, bleached hair and I struggle with brassiness and yellow undertones all the time. I have recently used Provoke's Touch of Silver Weekly Treatment Shampoo but I couldn't see a difference in my hair no matter how often I used it or how long I left it in my hair for... However, after only using the Bleach Blondes Shampoo once (and leaving it in for about 2 minutes), my hair looked better than ever: a very cool toned, shiny blonde colour - exactly what it looked like after having it done at the hairdresser's. Love love love!

Lee Stafford Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray 150ml, £7.49 

Another Lee Stafford Product! I bought this simply because of all the good things I have read about it and I haven't been disappointed. The directions on the bottle tell you to use about 50 pumps on either towel dried or dry hair, which I find way too much, especially as this stuff isn't that cheap. Also, I wouldn't use it on dry hair either as it turned my hair into a sticky, crunchy mess and made my roots very greasy. I only use a couple of squirts on damp hair, making sure I only spray my ends, then leaving it to dry naturally - which gives me a lovely naturally wavy, "beach hair" look that lasts all day, even without hairspray. It leaves my hair soft and smelling lovely too which is always a plus!

Pantene Aqua Light Lightweight Nourishing Mist 150ml, £4

I finished both my Aussie and L'Oreal Elvive conditioning sprays which I liked but didn't love, so it was time to have a look for something new. I was worried this product wouldn't be moisturising enough for my dry, damaged hair but I was proven wrong! It does a brilliant job at both nourishing and detangling my hair, leaves my dry ends feeling soft and doesn't weigh my hair down or makes it feeling greasy at all. I will definitely repurchase! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment